The mission of the Faculty Resource Center is to provide faculty with the instructional resources and support to explore and implement innovative teaching practices. The Center provides consultation, programs, training, and support.
The Center is a faculty-focused, collaborative endeavor to promote effective teaching, with special emphasis on technology-enhanced, hybrid, and online courses. The Center supports new ways of teaching and learning, including creative approaches to faculty-student engagement, course design and implementation, and the seamless integration of technology into the academic environment.
David Anderson, Director
David Anderson, PhD, Director of the Faculty Resource Center, Senior Faculty Associate to the Office of Information Technology, and Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, has over 30 years of higher education experience developing and implementing technology in teaching and learning.
719.255.3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Creighton, Instructional Designer
Chris Creighton, PhD, is an Instructional Designer in the Faculty Resource Center. Since 2011, he has worked in higher education as a course instructor, curriculum specialist, and researcher. His enthusiasm for student learning, collaborations, and pedagogical curiosity allows him to offer an assortment of pedagogical expertise and craft course development.
Jackie Crouch, Instructional Technologist
Angie Dodson, Faculty Development Coordinator
Angie Dodson, MA, the Faculty Development Coordinator in the Faculty Resource Center, has been an educator for nearly 20 years as a classroom instructor, curriculum developer, and course designer. Her experience has provided her with a wide range of instructional expertise. She offers support and assistance to faculty in the development of course content and continuous quality improvement.
719.255.4108 or email@example.com
Brandon Poulliot, Instructional Designer
Brandon Poulliot, MS, an Instructional Designer and Technologist in the Faculty Resource Center, has worked in higher ed since 2009 and has a robust background in and passion for educational technology, course design, and developing and administering training. He offers a wide array of technical and pedagogical expertise.
Roxanne Rosenthal, Admin Assistant III
Roxanne Rosenthal, MA, is the Administrative Assistant for the Faculty Resource Center. She supports the administrative, programming, event planning, and financial aspects of the Center. Her passion in helping others strengthens the Faculty Resource Team so they can provide the best for our faculty.
719.255.4827 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FRC Teaching Advisory Team
FRC Teaching Advisory Team members assist the Center in the following ways:
- Serve as advocates for their colleges to further the Center's mission and its role on campus
- Make recommendations for teaching enhancement programs, events, and grants
- Support collaborative events and programs related to teaching enhancement across campus
- Actively participate in at least one Center program or event per semester each academic year
The Advisory Team includes faculty representation from each of the colleges, the FRC Director, the FRC Faculty Development Coordinator, and other members of the campus:
- Dave Anderson, Faculty Resource Center
- Matt Balk, Excel Centers
- Leyna Bencomo, Assistive Technology and Accessibility
- Angie Dodson, Faculty Resource Center
- Ying Fan, College of Business
- Cory Gavitt, Department of Teaching and Learning, College of Education
- Lynnane George, College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Dylan Harris, College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Margaret Harris, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Andrea Herrera, College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Janice Thorpe (Lead), College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Henriikka Weir, School of Public Affairs
Last updated January 19, 2023