The mission of the Faculty Resource Center is to provide faculty with the instructional resources and support to explore and implement innovative teaching practices. The Center provides consultation, programs, training, and support.
The Center is a faculty-focused, collaborative endeavor to promote effective teaching, with special emphasis on technology-enhanced, hybrid, and online courses. The Center supports new ways of teaching and learning, including creative approaches to faculty-student engagement, course design and implementation, and the seamless integration of technology into the academic environment.
David Anderson, Director
David Anderson, PhD, Director of the Faculty Resource Center, Senior Faculty Associate to the Office of Information Technology, and Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, has over 30 years of higher ed experience developing and implementing technology in teaching and learning.
719.255.3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackie Crouch, Instructional Technologist
Jackie Crouch, MA, is an Instructional Technologist in the Faculty Resource Center. She has provided technology solutions and training since 1999. A Canvas Trainer, her passion for all things related to technology in education keeps her engaged in research, evaluation, and recommendation of emerging technologies.
719.255.4493 or email@example.com
Angie Dodson, Instructional Designer
Angie Dodson, MA, an Instructional Designer in the Faculty Resource Center, has been an educator for nearly 20 years as a classroom instructor, curriculum developer, and course designer. Her experience has provided her with a wide range of instructional expertise. She offers support and assistance to faculty in the development of course content and continuous quality improvement.
719.255.4108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Grose, Administrative Assistant II
Stacey Grose, BA, the Administrative Assistant in the Faculty Resource Center, has over 12 years of experience in independent schools, including executive assistant to Head of School, student affairs, registrar, and office manager. Stacey is enthusiastic about working in education and taking an active role in event coordination for faculty development in the FRC.
719.255.4872 or email@example.com
Brandon Poulliot, Instructional Designer
Brandon Poulliot, MS, an Instructional Designer and Technologist in the Faculty Resource Center, has worked in higher ed since 2009 and has a robust background in and passion for educational technology, course design, and developing and administering training. He offers a wide array of technical and pedagogical expertise.
719.255.4154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Stevens, Faculty Development Coordinator
Sharon Stevens, MA, is the Faculty Development Coordinator for the Faculty Resource Center. She coordinates the faculty development programming and resources related to teaching excellence for the University’s Colleges and works closely with faculty to promote the use of evidence-based pedagogies and principles of effective course design.
719.255.4287 or email@example.com
FRC Teaching Advisory Team
FRC Teaching Advisory Team members assist the Center in the following ways:
- Serve as advocates for their colleges to further the Center's mission and its role on campus
- Make recommendations for teaching enhancement programs, events, and grants
- Support collaborative events and programs related to teaching enhancement across campus
- Actively participate in at least one Center program or event per semester each academic year
The Advisory Team includes faculty representation from each of the colleges, the FRC Director, the FRC Faculty Development Coordinator, and other members of the campus:
- Dave Anderson, Faculty Resource Center
- Matt Balk, Excel Centers
- Leyna Bencomo, Assistive Technology and Accessibility
- Ying Fan, College of Business
- Lynnane George, College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Dylan Harris, College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Margaret Harris, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Andrea Herrera, College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Sharon Stevens, Faculty Resource Center
- Janice Thorpe (Lead), College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Henriikka Weir, School of Public Affairs
Last updated August 30, 2021