Respondus LockDown Browser & Monitor
For Virtual Proctoring of Online Tests in Canvas - Available for All Courses
Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus Monitor (requires use of a webcam)
Respondus Monitor: Show Your Work - NEW!
Respondus Monitor in Pearson MyMathLab
Respondus Take on the Ogletree Ruling regarding the use of Webcam for Online Test Proctoring
To activate this in your UCCS Canvas course:
- Click Settings in the course menu.
- Click the Navigation tab.
- Locate LockDown Browser in the lower list and use the 3 vertical dots on the right to Enable.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- LockDown Browser is now in your course menu, only visible to instructors and TAs. You can enable it for any quiz or exam in your course.
- Students can download it for a personal Mac, PC, or Chromebook by using the link under Help in Canvas. iPad users will have to download the app fro the App Store AND can only use an iPad if the instructor specifically allows this in the Respondus LockDown Browser settings for each quiz or exam.
- LockDown Browser is installed on all open computer lab computers at UCCS.
- Instructor Quick Start Guide
- Download UCCS Respondus LockDown Browser for use on personal PC or Mac (iPad users - download from the App Store)
- The LockDown Browser Chrome extension is installed on all UCCS Chromebooks and now supports Respondus Monitor (webcam monitoring).
- For personal Chromebooks, follow these Instructions for Downloading and Installing Respondus LockDown Browser on a Personal Chromebook.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor!
Respondus 4.0 is a powerful tool for building exams that can be created in Word and published directly to Canvas.
Contact email@example.com to get started with Respondus 4.0!
Last updated September 23, 2022